Hitting the Target and Missing the Point?~
Venue: The Earth Centre in Doncaster
There are two opportunities to extend your knowledge on the day before the Forum. These sessions are for anyone concerned with improving the effectiveness of individuals and organisations.
A practical introduction to the Deming philosophy
For beginners to Deming there is an introductory workshop led by Nigel Clements. This fun and interactive day includes Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge, The Red Bead Experiment and Deming’s 14 points for management (what the world class Japanese companies did in applying the System of Profound Knowledge). Confront some of the idiocies of modern management and build a theory for more effective leadership behaviour.
The objective of this workshop is to challenge current practices, stimulate you to learn more and help you understand what to stop and what to start doing in your own organisations
The Aims of the Deming Forum are to:
- Provide and enable learning opportunities for those who wish to learn and deepen their understanding of the Deming philosophy.
- Act as a focal point and information service for those who seek knowledge and support in applying the philosophy and principles of Dr W Edwards Deming.
- Act as a liaison for those who wish to network and support the Deming philosophy in the UK.
- Act as a link with other Deming bodies outside of the UK.
- Act with integrity to optimise the Deming Community for the benefit of all.
An experiential, learning session showing teamwork in action. David Train, Olympic Canoe Coach in four Olympics, will be your host. Bell Boating is a school on water; a raft of Leadership Philosophy. It gives those taking part a greater understanding of Teamwork, individual strengths and cooperation. It gives a clearer insight of life and, above all, it’s fun!